Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Don't ask "why" if your reply to the answer is "I know."
Why ask if "you know"





I've caught myself doing this several times. . When learning something new I tend to apply it to things that I already know which is natural in human being, trying to relate it to one another.  Sometimes this goes over board [personally] and it completely shuts me out of the idea of this brand new concept.

In a way, when I say "I know" to myself, I close myself off and by the time they are able to answer my question I stopped listening.


I'm not saying that you should never ask questions when you're confused.
Just the opposite, ASK AWAY!
But there should be a level of openness since you're looking for an answer.


And sometimes what you already know can get you the answer and 
and the person answer is the one guiding you the the answers from what you know to what you don't

 
Although, it may be something that's common sense but it's a different way of thinking about it.



Basically, 
If you ask a question, just shut up and listen
You'll get more out of it than sitting filtering out what the person's saying.



Go learn something
-Sophia







No comments:

Post a Comment